Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Site

Tuesday I went to the accident site where Kierra was taken from us all. I have wanted to bring her new flowers for a very long time. The cross is still there, yet the flowers color has faded. I walked up to the very site. It was so emotional being there. Seeing the new guardrails that were put in, the Drive Carefully sign with her name on it. It was all to much. A few flowers had fallen to the ground, I picked them up and put them back in the bouquets. Then I sat there for a little while, talking to Kierra. It was almost therapeutic to be able to talk to something that represents the loss of her. I talked to Kierra about what's been going on in my life, school, visiting the twins as much as possible, and just everyday stuff that I would normally have told her if she was still here. As I was getting up to leave, the strangest thing happened. A dragonfly and butterfly showed up and flew around me all the way back to my car. It almost felt as if Kierra was there and heard everything I had said to her, it was comforting.

No comments: