Monday, March 20, 2006

Its Been Awhile

Well, I haven't writen in quite some time. But I am back now. It has been 4 months 1 week and 1 day since Kierra was killed. In other words, it has been the hardest 4 months 1 week and 1 day of my life. Since she has been gone I have learned what true friendship is and to never take it for granted. Kierra was my best friend, she was going to my maid of honor whenever I got married, godmother to my children. What now? I will forever be missing her in my life. Its almost like a part of me is missing. It was really hard to see the twins for the first time after her death, its like seeing her face alive again. They are so much like her it hurts sometimes. I saw Darnell recently, it did my heart good to see him. Kierra loved him so much, they were even engaged. This from a girl who said she wasn't going to marry until she was 40!!! We were planning her wedding before she was killed. It was going to be in pastels. Lilac, pale pink, pale yellow and blue. She picked me as her maid of honor and I was to wear lilac, because all the other colors clashed with my red hair. Brianne was to wear the pale blue, because blue is Brianne's favorite color.
Mari-Jane is doing a great job with the twins. I am sure it must be a day to day struggle, but she does it with such grace and dignity. She is an amazing woman, I admire her more and more with each day that passes in this Life Without My Best Friend.

No comments: